There are a couple of ways to enter a submission:
- You can submit directly from the hackathon's Devpost page (for example, http://pennapps-xiii.devpost.com)
- You can submit a new project from your portfolio
What is the difference between a project and submission?
When you create a project you are creating the project page that will house the details about what you're working on. When you want to enter that project as a submission to a hackathon that's when it is considered a submission. The two terms may be used interchangeably.
Option 1: Submit directly from the hackathon page
Follow this step-by-step video:
Option 2: Submit a new project from your portfolio
- Sign into your Devpost account and click "Add a project to your portfolio" from your portfolio.
- Give your project a name and click "Save and Continue." Fill out the project description and click "Save".
- You will see a pop up at this stage that asks if you are submitting to a hackathon or to your portfolio:
- Click "Yes, I'm submitting to a hackathon!" and another pop up will appear with a list of all hackathons that currently have open submission periods:
- Finish the last page of the submission form, and click "Submit to hackathon!".
Whether you submit a new or an existing project, you will see a green bar confirming this: